BATHROOM REMODELING IN NORTHERN VA
Today’s master bath should be a place of luxury and convenience. Achieving this is a matter of keeping up with the latest and greatest design elements.
Whether your bathroom remodel needs a few updates or a complete remodel, keeping the space up to snuff is one of the best investments you can make in your home, and 2016 is all about seamlessness, functionality and bold accents.
Many homeowners are turning their attention to luxury showers rather than bathtubs or whirlpools, focusing on big, bold, spa-like designs to create elegant, sun-soaked spaces with a strong emphasis on bright, natural light, barrier-free floor plans, and open, airy spaces. Advanced Contracting offers a few ideas on how you can transform your outdated bathroom into a master bath bliss:
- Opt for a semi-frameless or frameless shower door to create a more open and spacious bathroom with a clean, seamless feel.
- Replace old shower nozzles with dual shower heads, a hand held body sprayer or a rain head for the ultimate lapse of luxury.
- Replace over-sized whirlpool tubs with a classic freestanding or claw-foot tub to modernize and open up your space. OR, be rid of the tub altogether. Many homeowners today are forgoing tubs for expanded shower stalls or a luxurious steam shower.
- Seats are a popular feature in today’s showers. Showers equipped with a bench seat are not only practical but also offer a place to sit and enjoy a spa-like experience.
- One large or multiple wall niches are extremely popular for shampoo bottles, razors, etc.
VANITIES & SINKS
Increasingly, homeowners are asking for his-and-her sinks and vanities, even in small bathrooms. Double vanities, two vanities and make-up vanities allow for each person to have their own space and storage. Sinks continue to become more stylish, too. Homeowners are interested in “vessel sinks” that rise up from a base and faucets that protrude directly from a wall. In smaller spaces either pedestal or wall mount sinks continue to be the trend.
What do copper, stainless, hardwood and glass have in common? They represent some of the hottest tile trends currently popping up in hip bathrooms.
Glass tile pieces can be used as a focal point in the bathroom remodel or an accent around the bathroom and adds a touch of glam and sparkle to a space. And there’s a bonus…most glass tile is made of recycled glass!
Looking for a tile that compliments either traditional or contemporary bathrooms? Metal may be what you’re looking for. If you prefer a polished, contemporary look, going with stainless steel will give you options in finishes ranging from satin to brushed. Warm bronze or copper tile adds a timeless beauty to baths with more traditional style.
Are you ready to revamp your bathroom? Whether your bathroom remodel budget includes a heated floor and a steam shower with an on demand hot water system or an upgrade to dual vanities and an environmentally conscious low-flow toilet, ACI can help you design a bathroom that meets your needs and your budget.
TOP 2016 BATHROOM REMODEL TRENDS
- One of the biggest trends in both new construction and higher-quality remodels is “privatization of the toilet.” In other words, giving the master bath’s toilet its own private room, or at least a privacy wall.
- In-floor heating is a wonderful union of practicality and comfort. It is more cost-effective than most heating methods, and it feels really good on those cold winter mornings.
- Polished Chrome Fixtures compliment a variety of color schemes and homeowners are finding them to be a good investment.
- Adding furniture-style elements is still a hot trend in master bath remodeling. A framed mirror helps accomplish the look with little expense.
- Bring glamorous, unexpected lighting into the bathroom by adding layers of lighting. Some ideas are: makeup lighting with wall sconces, decorative ceiling lights such as a chandelier type fixture and lit-up artwork. In addition, add perimeter recessed lighting in crystal or glass.
- One of the newest ways to add warmth to a bathroom is also one of the oldest: a fireplace. While fireplaces have traditionally been found in living rooms, dens and occasionally bedrooms, the idea of soaking in the bathtub while a cozy fire glowing nearby is gaining popularity. For the larger bath remodels, heated flooring is a bonus element!
Bathroom renovations are a remodel with an excellent return on investment. If you are looking to remodel your master-suite bath or simply spruce up a guest or hall bathroom, let ACI help you make your bathroom special.