What type of remodeling professional do I need?

You might have asked yourself that very question as you consider a remodel on your home.  Without understanding the different kinds of professional remodelers it is difficult to answer the question “what type of remodeling professional do I need?”


MasterCertified Remodeler (MCR).You won’t see too many of these, but if you do, pay careful attention. This designation is given only to individuals who hold at least two certifications from NARI, and have held the CR for at least ten consecutive years. They also must demonstrate significant leadership in the industry. These are the leaders of our industry.

Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR). The CKBR covers general remodeling and specifically focuses on design and remodeling of kitchens and bathrooms.  This designation includes cabinet installation, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems.

Green Certified Professional (GCP). Green building practices are not a fad. Many NARI members are obtaining the GCP. The exam for this certification covers building science and the energy-related aspects to framing, roofing, as well as other remodeling systems. It also covers renewable energy technology and green landscaping.

May is National Home Improvement Month!

The next time you ask yourself “What type of professional remodeler do I need” we hope that you will consider Randy Iacone MCR, CKBR, GCP  a N.A.R.I.  “PRO” as your answer!